CANNRA goes world..
The press launch
January 22, 2024 – The Hashish Regulators Affiliation (CANNRA) elected two new board members this previous week: Kirsten Davis-Franklin, Deputy Hashish Regulatory Oversight Officer of Laws and Coverage within the Workplace of Illinois Hashish Regulatory Oversight, and Amy Moore, Director January 22, 2024. Division of Hashish Regulation on the Missouri Division of Well being and Senior Providers. Davis-Franklin and Moore had been elected to serve the phrases of Tyler Klimas, former Government Director of the Nevada Hashish Compliance Board, and Chris Tholkes, former Director of the Minnesota Workplace of Medical Hashish – each of whom have left their positions as regulators in December. 2023.
“I’m grateful to Tyler and Chris for his or her service to the CANNRA board and affiliation because the early days of CANNRA's founding,” stated present CANNRA President Will Tilburg, Director of Hashish Administration of Maryland. “I’m excited in regards to the engagement of Kirsten and Amy on the board. Their expertise and insights as regulators will assist information CANNRA ahead in what guarantees to be a 12 months stuffed with continued coverage and regulatory adjustments on the federal stage and worldwide”.
“I’m very conscious of the worth that CANNRA supplies to regulators and I’ve benefited vastly from the data of my friends,” stated Davis-Franklin, who can also be co-chair of CANNRA's Social and Financial Fairness Committee. “I stay up for serving to the council help and increase CANNRA as an affiliation whereas concurrently supporting regulators throughout the nation as we attempt to construct a secure, sustainable and equitable hashish business.”
“CANNRA's work to carry regulators collectively to determine and share finest practices is more and more wanted,” stated Moore. “As a member of the council, I need to contribute extra to that work, particularly efforts to offer training from the state classes realized that may inform key federal choices of the US that may be made within the years to return over”.
The present CANNRA board members are:
- President – Will Tilburg, Director, Maryland Hashish Administration
- President-Elect – Dominique Mendiola, Senior Director, Colorado Division of Marijuana Enforcement
- treasurer – Adria Berry, Government Director, Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority
- Member of the Council – Kirsten Davis-Franklin, Deputy Legislative and Coverage Officer, Illinois Workplace of Hashish Regulatory Oversight
- Member of the Council – Nicole Elliott, Director of the California Division of Hashish Management
- Member of the Council – Amy Moore, Director, Division of Hashish Regulation, Missouri Division of Well being and Senior Providers
- Member of the Council – Andrew Turnage, Government Director, Georgia Entry to Medical Hashish Fee
Along with welcoming new board members, CANNRA welcomed the Netherlands as a brand new non-voting worldwide member. The Netherlands joins Canada, which grew to become a non-voting worldwide member of CANNRA in 2023, and 45 US states and territories which might be CANNRA members.
“We’re delighted to welcome the federal government of the Netherlands to our rising worldwide membership,” stated CANNRA Government Director Dr Gillian Schauer. “Because the hashish business, cannabinoids and hemp develop and evolve, it’s important that regulators across the globe can be taught from one another and higher perceive how totally different coverage approaches can impression market dynamics, the general public well being and client security, and equity,” she. added