Seven staff trapped at a Proctor & Gamble (P&G) plant exterior the Turkish metropolis of Istanbul have been rescued after a nine-hour ordeal, officers say.

The police in Gebza moved in after the suspect, who was apparently protesting the struggle in Gaza, went to the bathroom.

Native governor Seddar Yavuz stated the hostages weren’t injured.

Photographs on-line present the suspect, his face hidden by a Palestinian scarf, sporting what seems to be an explosives vest and carrying a gun.

He was arrested safely after the “meticulous” rescue operation, Mr. Yavuz added.

The hostage entered the plant at round 15:00 native time (12:00 GMT), the DHA information company experiences. The hostages have been launched shortly earlier than midnight.

Officers say the suspect wished to attract consideration to the continuing state of affairs in Gaza.

A Palestinian flag was painted on the entrance to the constructing with an indication saying “the doorways might be open for Gaza”.

Law enforcement officials cordoned off entry to the manufacturing unit and medical employees have been dispatched to the scene.

Officers say a full-scale investigation into the incident is underway.

Footage from the scene in the course of the standoff confirmed family members of some hostages huddled collectively in a police cordon a long way from the plant.

─░smet Zihni, whose spouse works on the plant, instructed DHA that he had despatched her a message saying she had been taken hostage.

Nevertheless, he added that he didn’t know “whether or not it was her or another person.”

Kinfolk of the hostages expressed frustration on the lack of awareness from Turkish officers or the police.

“We waited six hours with none official making a press release,” the daddy of 1 hostage instructed AFP earlier.

In a press release, P&G stated it was relieved nobody was injured in the course of the incident.

“We’re grateful to the authorities and first responders who dealt with the state of affairs with braveness and professionalism,” the corporate added.

He additionally stated the suspect was not an worker.

Source link